About Us /New Bulletin
Miraflores Lodge is a unique lodge on Costa Rica’s beautiful Caribbean coast. Leave the sounds of the city behind and come visit Miraflores Lodge . It is a place where wildlife abounds in a tropical garden paradise. Just 4 km from Puerto Viejo, close to the beautiful white sand beaches and coral reefs of Playa Chiquita and Punta Uva.
Miraflores Lodge provides a comfortable and secure place to stay in the middle of nature. The lodge was built and is operated by Pamela Carpenter. Pamela is an American brought up in Latin America and is fluent in both English and Spanish. She has used her love for flowers and her appreciation for the traditions of the local Bri Bri Indians and Caribbean peoples in developing Miraflores Lodge.
Pamela and her staff can offer personal guidance for traveling and planning for your relaxation, adventures and cultural learning experiences.
Bulletin: Miraflores Lodge offers Wi Fi in Cafe Lounge & Rooms Miraflores Lodge Language Classes & Information Center
- Our bungalow houses a café, an extensive library of books on local culture and environment, a sitting area and game table, cable television and DVD collections.
- Our Café/Rancho has the addition of a comfortable and artistic lounge for our Wireless computer guests and table game players who enjoy playing Chess, Backgammon, etc. We also offer a desktop computer with DVD and Skype.
- Our menu includes coffee, crepes, sweets, tacos, take out wraps and sandwiches wrapped in banana leaves. Coconut juice and tropical shakes, cappuccino, herbal teas, hot or iced, as well as breakfast and lunch, are available all day. Dinner by reservation only.
Miraflores Gardens have collections of flowering and fruiting plants, a medicinal plant and labyrinth walk (to find yourself, not get lost!).Our sustainable architecture and gardens connect you gently with the Rainforest, the flora and fauna; a sanctuary for humans as well as birds, butterflies, the sloth, tree frogs and monkeys (where we have connected a Monkey Bridge creating a biological corridor with edible landscaping.)
There are language classes and Volunteer Exchanges
Miraflores staff offers intensive and private English and Spanish classes to guests, in addition to ongoing classes for students from the local community. In addition, we encourage a meeting of culture and languages through monthly intercambios or conversation groups among the local community and guests. You may volunteer work and teach, not only on the Miraflores Gardens and Projects, but also with the Bri Bri, turtles, birds, iguanas and animal refuge, protection projects.
Some of our Customized Guest Services
- Labyrinth and Tarot counseling is available.
- We have a massage table and many different kinds of physical therapy and massage. There are Yoga, Tái Chi, and Alternative Health consultations available here from Miraflores staff and our talented neighbors.
- Laundry Service is available.
Information Center Miraflores staff specializes in trip planning, tours, activities ,reservations and rentals. We will help to customize design your stay, if you like, by connecting you with all the wonders of this area.
The southern Caribbean is a richly diverse cultural community. We will introduce you to our neighbors: the Afro- Caribbean people, Bri Bri Indian family or community, our Latinos who can teach you to dance Salsa and practice your Spanish, and all our international ex-pat population. We are happy to share information about our indigenous communities and our environmental defense struggles.
If you stay…
Here in the southern Caribbean you can have your babies with international mid-wives, visit medicine men for healing, have specialized organic diets, attend Yoga and language classes, surf, dive, fish, cook or dance. You may volunteer work and teach, not only on the Miraflores Gardens and Projects, but also with the Bri Bri, turtles, birds, iguanas and animal refuge, protection projects.